Like most people, summer is typically when I pull out all my bright clothing, bold prints, and monochromatic white outfits.
But sometimes? Sometimes I just want to wear black.
Regardless of what Anna Wintour says (*gasp*), head to toe black is always in style. The trick is making it - and you - feel summery. Here are a few of my tips for staying seasonally cool while wearing the hue:
1. Black doesn't mean boring. Keep the outfit exciting with some sort of visual interest. Think cutout sandals or an asymmetrical hemline.
2. Look for light and breathable fabrics. Save your leather and wool pieces for the cooler months and opt for items in silks and linens instead.
3. Play with proportions. Keep things cool and playful by experimenting with cut outs and crop tops.
4. Lighten up the shoes. Think strappy, not bulky. Go for open toed over closed.
5. Add interest with accessories. Go for a bold metallic cuff or oversized turquoise necklace. Accessories are where you can really make an all black outfit stand out.
Are you a fan of all black during the summer or do you stick to lighter shades?
top: bcbg (old, similar here)
bottoms: rag and bone (similar here)
shoes: c/o cynthia vincent (similar here)
ring: kendra scott
earrings: stella and dot
Want some additional ideas? Here are a few more of my favorite head to toe black pairings:
|1 / 2 / 3 / 4|